accroma acquires LabMinds
accroma acquires LabMinds to satisfy the growing demand for laboratory automation
Muttenz, 13.12.2022, accroma labtec Ltd., a Swiss manufacturer of lab automation systems, announced today the acquisition of LabMinds product range and IP in an asset deal. This allows customers to benefit from in-depth automation knowledge and services that stand out from the well-known pipetting automation solutions and cover the largest bottlenecks, sample and solution preparation. In addition, thanks to the cloud solution already established and accepted by pharmaceutical customers, they will be able to remotely access different robots for different areas in the laboratory via a single interface.
- LabMinds, currently based in Boston USA and Oxford UK is the leading supplier for automated preparation of solutions.
- Buffer solutions are widely used in the biopharmaceutical industry.
- Already more than 50% of the top 30 pharmaceutical companies use LabMinds technology, among others at several sites, which impressively shows the need of the technology
- The headquarters of accroma labtec will remain in Muttenz, Northwestern Switzerland. The LabMinds office in Boston will serve as a service, support and logistics center for the North American market.
- In order to ensure the highest possible stability, key LabMinds employees in both Boston and Oxford will be taken over by accroma labtec.
- accroma intends to invest in the further development of the technology to eventually enable a fully digital, cloud-connected and AI-powered Lab 4.0. This will enable the pharmaceutical industry to develop faster, more reliable, less expensive and highly effective therapies.
“The preparation of buffer solutions in laboratories is very labor-intensive and a real bottleneck, like sample preparation of solid and semi-solid samples. In addition to being time-consuming, accuracy, repeatability, and traceability are real challenges with these manual processes. Therefore, there is a huge potential for automation in laboratories», says Stefan Gafner, CEO of accroma. «Together with our sample preparation system, the Revo platform from LabMinds offers the optimal addition to the product portfolio and addresses the second main bottleneck in labs today. Through the acquisition, our customers will benefit massively from the consolidated technology platform and standardized services in these demanding and regulated environments.”
About accroma labtec
accroma labtec specializes in automated sample preparation of solid and semi-solid samples. The company, based in Muttenz near Basel, develops, manufactures, and distributes its laboratory automation systems worldwide, solving a major efficiency and reliability problem of laboratories.
Liquid and gas chromatography are the most widely used analytical technologies for the determination of ingredients. However, these analytical systems require an accurately prepared and clean solution for injection. accroma’s sample preparation system automates the entire sample preparation process from sample to injection. Application examples include quality control of oral solid dosages and pesticide residue determination in food.
With the acquisition of LabMinds assets, accroma expands its customer base and market potential.
Want to learn more?
Find more information directly on LabMinds website or contact us now.